HybridZ

240 L28 turbo project

Guest swapdohc

Guest swapdohc

Im am new to this board, Datsuns and forced induction. I have taken my Honda as far as I can go on motor (13.5) and feel that boosting a FWD car will still leave me at the line compared to the RWD and AWD. I have always loved the 1st generation 240z and am now the proud owned of of a 1971 carcus. It has some cancer here and there but is in overall good condition.

Now on to the question. I also bought a 83 turbo 280 that has been bored 30/1000, has forged pistons (Dish 9:1) and rods, balanced rotating assembly, turbonetics t3/t4, some mild head work (1200 miles on rebuild and new turbo), a t5 transmission and a 200 rear end (With lsd and disc brakes). How much of this stuff will transfer over to the 240 and are there any changes I should make to the carcus before it is painted. Also does anyone know of anyone who makes an aftermarket turbo manifold as I don't think the factory manifold will support my 450-550hp :D goals.

Thank you for taking time to help

Welcome aboard. What you want to do can all be done but is so extensive it would take pages of writing just to answer the questions you know to ask - not to mention the ones you don't know yet. I strongly suggest you make extensive use of the "search" function and start reading the 1,000's of posts on these various subjects. You will get the answers you have asked and to many more you haven't yet asked.

Everything you have there will swap into the 240z.

You will have to have a custom driveshaft made to fit the t5 tranny though.

9.0:1 compression seems pretty high for a high boost engine. You may want to check into getting some new pistons. Corse they are forged so you might be fine. Just make sure you invest in a very efficient intercooler.

The factory manifold will support 450+ HP. There are some guys with customs ones but i think that you will find hte factory log is good, and getting it extrude honed will be plenty if you want more.

You will need to consider some type of engine managment if you are planning on reaching those 450 hp goals. Im running SDS. I would look around at electromotive, haltech, motec, etc.

Like Phantom said, there is alot of info here, jsut use hte search function and you will more then likely answer your questions.

-Austin