HybridZ

Garrett GT BB turbo sizing

Doug71zt

James' date='

My e-mail had nothing to do with you. I didn’t even mention your name. But I ask that if you want to suggest that I don’t know what I’m doing; make sure next time you have your facts straight. That picture you referenced is not a GT35, it’s my old t3t4! Furthermore, had I known that you would TRY to minimize my expertise with a picture I shared with you in the past, I would never have sent them or discussed them with you.

There is plenty of room in the z community for two or more Garrett distributors. The way I see it, the more guys who can offer turbos, etc at great prices and can provide technical support based on direct experience…the better.

TimO[/quote']

I am so sorry :cry:

I am more than happy with you selling turbo's to folks on this forum. Unlike you, this is not my day job. I do it to help fellow Z guys. I was just jabbing at you so there is no need to get bent out of shape :roll: . Did someone besides myself mention cutting down the inlet to 3" as an option? Whom else were you be referring too? As a general rule I never bad mouth the competition. If that was not your turbo with the reducer on the inlet then I apologize. BTW, if he sends me an e-mail to purchase the turbo I will refer him to you. I will not compete with you when someone posts they want a turbocharger. As I said before there is no substitute for experience...you win :-D

OK' date='TIM & JAMES,

I am in the process of building my AWD RB26DETT into my widened chasis (early S30).What will be the best GT bb turbo in your opinions for this .The car will be used for track and street events and will use my Wolf 3-D ECU.I will consider dual or single turbo applications,BTW ...PM me with prices so we can avoid those ugly retorts back and forth ! :shifty:

Tim ,I'll be in Sacramento on the 18th of this month ,and if you guys are NICE,I'd love to see your projects while there! (I also have a couple of Turbo'd S30's.)

So give me your thoughts....................Vince[/quote']

Vintage,

I just hooked up Joel with a pair of the GT25R turbochargers for his RB26DETT'd 260Z. They are onsale right now for $999. I am also making him a custom 321SS header and have already made him a custom intake w/velocity stacks. I can give you more specs if you require. I also have a pair of modified "disco potato" turbo's for sale that have been upgraded. They were originally built for a TT ZR1 project, but were too small. They have 0 miles on them and box'd for shipping. Each would work well for your setup. If you want the GT25R turbochargers I will need to refer you to TimO as he can sell them at the same price and has more direct experience with the BB turbochargers. If you would like more info on the modded GT28RS turbocharges please send me a PM.

plenum1.jpg

plenum2.jpg

........Exellent ! TIM o,and James..I apprecciate the responses guys.This is the ONLY site I see folks apologize sincerly at,man does that make a difference considering the WRITTEN word can be easily misinterpeted.

James..have you had a chance to test a flow difference on your new intake ?Looks GREAT !, similiar to the lines on the GREDDY RB intake. I was just curious if all the extra work of the Venturis in a forced air system will give BIGGER flow ?And "YES" ,please e-mail me with more info on the "GT" turbo's...also are they 999.00 ea ? or matched pairs ? Surely thats each.

Tim....Please e-mail me with more contact info and we'll get together in a couple of weeks re; Z's etc.

How many RB guys are on Hybrid Z these days ? Any body know?

thanks everybody.........Vince