HybridZ

prepping urethane? and installing urethane airdam

Guest mexlife

Guest mexlife

I just bought a urethane airdam from a friend, and it has chipped white paint on it, so I was wondering:

What is the best way to prep urethane? I just want to paint it flat black until i get the whole car painted.

The airdam is for a 280z, but i'm fitting it on a 240z. I got the 280 grill and turn signals... How hard is it to install the airdam? It seems to only have one big 'hole' for a screw in the top "flaps", and 2-3 underneath it.

Thanks a lot

Luis

72 240z

on mine I had to drill some extra holes, but it only took me less then two hours to get it done (it would probably be faster, but I couldnt find any bolts). If you paint it you will need to get a flexible brand of paint, or have the paint shop add some flexing agent in it so it wont crack. Adding a brace behind the airdam would be a good idea too, so it wont buckle at freeway speeds. You can PM Auxilary, and ask how he made his.

Guest mexlife

can i buy this flexible paint on a rattle can? That's all I really need... And is it hard to find, or can i just buy it at walmart?

I think i'm just going to sand it with some 400grit, then 600.

Thanks for the info!

Luis

go to your local auto paint store and have them make you up some rattle cans of whatever color you want, they can stear you to adhesive promoters and add flex ajents to the paint. I just had 4 cans made for my truck and it cost $13 a can.