HybridZ

Ever get the feeling your Z was possessed??

Poundz9oh9

Just when I thought my dwindling interest in my Z because of a "no money for upgrades" stalemate had reached an all time low. The exhaust shop killed the front end which resulted in some cool looking body work that I had done for next to nothing out of pocket. Needless to say, after I saw the work finished, it totally rejuvenated my enthusiasm in the project. Which brings me to my point of this post.

So I was in the garage replacing my center console for a slightly better one that was in it, I started thinking about where I wanted to go next with the car. When all of a sudden, a sound broke my concentration, tick .......... tick.............tick............tick.............tick............etc...

So I sat there for a minute and wondered what this NEVER before heard noise in this car was. The engine wasn't running.....I have no stereo.....the dogs were in the house......I looked up and the clock that used to have a permanent 1200 setting was showing 3, and moving. I wnet ahead and reset it to the current time and it hasn't skipped a beat since.

Anybody ever have their clock do this or is this the beginning of a demonically possessed Z??? Maybe the car herself felt the need to breathe new life into the clock because of the makeover I gave her......

Weird.......

Guest ON3GO

my green Z did that.. i had it always at 2:15 and one day i went in it to pull the carpet and it was at 8 something.. i was like whoa..

still works but i no longer have it in the Z.

was pretty werid yet cool :)

love ur hood btw...

mike

Now for the true test, let some thugs smash up your car with some hammers. If you car is truly possesed it will:

A) Repair itself, to include minor bodywork and buffing of paint, etc.

B) Drive off under it's own control and hunt down and kill/maim/destroy the above mentioned thugs.

C) Return to its assigned parking space as though nothing had happened.

After the thug test, it may also get jealous and try to kill your girlfriend at the drive-in wich may be hard to explain to the police :D

Speaking of possessed cars though, the last 83 I bought was horribly abused by the PO. Bad enough that it took me about 3 months to get it back on the road. After about a year of driving it without a single problem, I sold it back to him and it refused to run right from the day he drove it home until the day I bought it back from him about 6-7 months later. There was ALWAYS something wrong with it, sometimes it would refuse to start, others it would just do something else to leave him stranded. I tried several times to figure out what was wrong with it, but any time I went over to check it out, it would start and run no problem for me :? It finally blew the heater core and sprayed hot antifreeze all over the drivers side of the car and he parked it. Later, when his wife was having another baby and said he had to get rid of it, he offered it back to me for half what he paid for it and I bought it back. After replacing the heater core, and also had to have the radiator rodded out since it was stopped up too, but other than that the car runs better than any that I've owned hehe. That car just hates him. :D

Guest bastaad525

My car is definately possesed in the worst way possible... I've considered calling up the catholic church several times and asking them to come banish the demons... but I know they'd just stick me in a home... so I live with it... and it tortures me... and I know one day it probably will be the death of me

Guest Aaron

My previous ZX ('81 ZXT named Baby), was jealous of my girlfriend (now wife). She ran fine through the first few dates, but once we got a little serious, she would almost refuse to run right if Sonya was in the car with me.