HybridZ

Assembly of intake gasket question

Is it wise to put sealer on the entire bottom side of the intake gaskets for proper seal or just around the water jackets? Going for 11s this Friday... By the way talking about extra weight and ETs. Iwent 12.49 at 110.7 with just me before and then with a passenger weighing about 160 I went 12.81 at 108!!!! It does make a difference...thats about 55 pounds per tenth...Im dropping my front fender and right seat on Friday to save around 60 pounds. After i change my 205s up front to the 4 inch drag tires and rims I will prob save another 20 or 25...The cam has been changed from the 270 to the 282 per AFRs suggestions...Wish me luck...11.99 or bust! Then the 400 crank goes in next with a single plane and forged probe flat top pistons.... :D

Terry

I have always liked to put a thin smear of hylemar around the intake runners on both sides of the gasket, and a thin smear of silicone around the water jackets on both sides of each gasket.....not really necessary though....but I'm the paranoid type.....

Guest zfan

Terry,

I have done it both ways and found just doing the water jackets works fine. I did not realize you were running the dual plane intake. The stroker kit I scored had probe flat tops as well. Eagle crank and rods as well.

Good luck Friday! Hope the weather cooperates.

Mike

Thanks guys for the input. I hope the weather cooperates as well. I want to run it before changing to a single plane intake. ZFAN can you tell me what part number on the Victor Jr. you have? Also did you have it match ported to the FelPro 1256? Just curious....thanks in advance...

Terry

Guest zfan

Terry,

I think the part number is 2975. I port matched it myself but you can buy it already done for you. Summit has them for 179.00 for the 2975 and cnc port matched it is 219.00

Mike

Mike, I got the engine put back together with the 282. It is a most definate noticeable power increase. Much stronger pull after the launch and seems to keep pulling. According to the GTech with the 270 cam I averaged 4.7 secs 0-60s (which was way off---it was faster Im sure). Anyway I tuned this cam tonight and went 4.7 as well....thats great news for my quest of 11s.... I now shift at 6000RPMs vice 5320. Also I tried the 74/84s on the proform and she didnt like it on launch. I jetted down the back to 80s 74/80s and she really came alive. Im running a 4.5 Power Valve as well. Ill run it that way the first run and then either go 72/82 or 72/80 to make sure I am dialed in properly. It feels like 11s are in the picture...I predict 12 flat or 11.9s...cant wait.....let us know how your quest for 10s turns out..... :wink:

Terry