HybridZ

Intake runner porting

Ok my P90 head has been ported and polished pretty extensively, and I wanted to open up the intake runners to get more flow. I cut out the gasket with a dremel and matched it tp the intake ports. I figured I could take the gasket and inake manifold to any machine shop and they would be able to port it for me, but noone seems to want to do it. I called an import shop and they said that they had to have the head which is on the block so that's out of the question. I have a dremel at home. Is this something simple I could just do by myself? When porting the intake runners, should I just port at the opening? How far in should I go?

go as far as you can make sure to take out those injector screw bumps. damn i pitty the foo who has to do that wit ha little dremel. might be better to just get a good metal cutting bit on the end of a drill. will save you tons of time. its not rocket science you just take off as much as you want, or can.