HybridZ

Power Windows

Guest 280ZX_Classic

Guest 280ZX_Classic

I did a search, but only found questions about the earlier Z's. I have a '79 280ZX and want to upgrade to power windows. Can I just bolt them in and plug them up? I Know they were offered my year, so I assumed that maybe it would be a simple install. I am just tired of manual windows. Also, I am wanting to upgrade to power door locks, and a security alarm that has ignition kill and/or remote start/cutoff. Anyone know a good place to get a setup like this?

I would think that they should bolt in. You will probably need the regulator assebmley, switches and new door panels to make them work. Then you just need to feed power and ground. I dont think they offered power locks, did they? I know you can get aftermarket power lock kits.

Guy

Guest Aaron

Back in the mid 80's I saw a 280ZX with power locks. My dad was a nissan mechanic at the time, and he acted like they were stock. Maybe the '83 model year? The system was pretty simple. When you locked or unlocked either door, the other did the same.

I have a set of widow drive motors form a 79(?) ZX if you want them. I was going to try them in the 280Z, but the regulators are just a little too diferent. I also pulled the regulators, so you can have the whole setup if you want. Just make me an offer.

- Joe

Back in the mid 80's I saw a 280ZX with power locks. My dad was a nissan mechanic at the time, and he acted like they were stock. Maybe the '83 model year? The system was pretty simple. When you locked or unlocked either door, the other did the same.

come to think of it... lol

well, mine do that.. its really buggy though, and doesn't always work..

sometimes i can turn the key in the door twice and itll unlock both doors..

i guess i was thinking more along the lines of pushing a button =P

Guest 280ZX_Classic

Shipping would probably be a pain in the ass man, so don't worry. I live ten minutes from the biggest nissan Z car junkyard in the southeast. It's not a problem to get the stuff, but thanks anyway.