HybridZ

Wow! .5 Bar Boost at Idle! Megasquirt....

Tony D

Wow, I managed to get (through a software glitching problem, along withthe way the MS retards spark and having an errant tach signal) .5 bar boost at idle with WOT!

Pretty neat, but my siggestion is to not do this for extended periods, as the turbo starts glowing red hot, and the solder from adjacent wiring melts...

Anyway, no further on the MS, and I have to believe it's in a corrupted processor, as I have 'scoped the input to IRQ1 (Pin 14) on the cpu, and I am getting a consistently clean -3V pulse of 1ms duration with a +.5V pulse (of 2ms) overrun every third waveform. That's a total of 3.5V change altogether, and I can't believe this waveform input can be causing a problem. I see no noise whatsoever on the downstream (output) side of the opto.

I would think false tach triggers would be the fault of false triggering of hte opto (inductive kickback) and in most cases apparently this IS the cause. I just can't believe this is the culprit. Even checked a "commercially assembled" MS box my bud loaned me---one of those $250 E-Bay deals. Same thing: false tach signal on the software.

Right now I don't really know what way to go. Some hypothesise that it's comm problem, or laptop problem, but I can't see how that could be as this thing is doing it on it's own.

Doing it on the stimulator at 9V, doing it in the car at 11.8 to 14V. Doing it on all the boxes I got, and on the E-Bay version.

Something is amiss. Heck, I even was runnign the car for about a half an hour last night on my "Box #2" without all the filter circuit modifications.

I think it's time to give up, and push this pig to the curbside, and concentrate on other things that actually RUN. I now lament not using the complete 83 wiring harness I had for this car. What a waste of 6 months! No shiny car for me at the Convention this year. Just the same old boring dull grey one. No turbo, just the old grey N/A. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

<Edited Update, 1800 hrs> Looks like I trashed the turbo doing that also. On restart, saw some smoke and thought "head gasket" but later revving revealed the telltale howl and copious ammounts of smoke revealing trashed turbine side oil seals.

Oh well, makes my decision on priorities much easier now... :(