HybridZ

car trailers

I sold my old car trailer (LIKE A FOOL) now I want to build a new ONE! wheres the best place to get detailed DIY BUILD PLANS or a KIT to build a car trailer??

270x170DualAxelCarhauler.jpg

heres plans but Im looking for options

http://www.tjtrailers.com/store/car-carrie...lans-18x80.html

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...productId=32442

Grumps...

No help on plans, but I've built a couple of trailers in my time, one was for my Dad's Trans-Am type racing car....break neck, enclosed double axle, ball connect trailer.

I have used and love the Rub-Ax axles...the ones that use embedded rubber for suspension travel instead of leaf springs.....they are AWESOME.....town real nice, and even when empty, don't bounce around like a whore in heat.....

Tim

definetly stay away from the leaf springs and shackle setup...they're horrible. Not too bad when loaded, but unloaded...you can flip a shackle and the trailer can easily start swaying at highway speeds and causing you to lose control of your truck.

James

Guest Aaron

I helped my granddad with a couple trailers when I was younger. He always used axles from mobile homes. Back when the trailer companies left the axles on the homes, he could often get them for free. The last few years bought them at tractor and equipment auctions. They are usually pretty cheap. the last one I went to there was a lot of about 10 axles that went for $500.

One of the tricks he told me he used when making the trailers was that when he attached the mounts for the axles, he would attach the passenger's side mounts about 3/4" to the rear of the driver's side. He claimed it made the trailer easier to control. Take it for what it is worth.