HybridZ

Great deal on an Engine Hoist

qwik240z

I bought an engine hoist today. The local Pep Boys has them on sale this week for only $119.00

It is a 2 ton hoist. Boy, it sure is heavy for one person to unload. I spent about an hour and a half assembling it this evening. The legs are able to fold upright by pulling a pin and standing it up and inserting a pin. In that position it doesn't take up too much space. Good quality. Nice welds. Good hardware.

See it here:

http://pepboys.crossmediaservices.com/pepboys/circular_browse_listing_detail.asp?storeid=2314917&pagenumber=1&rapid=59737&listingid=-2098130698&

On sale til Saturday.

It's good until NEXT Saturday, according to the ad!

I'm all pissed off now. I just rented a stupid hoist for $40. If I'd known I could have gotten one PERMANENTLY for three times that, I'd have bought one. My timing sucks.

It's good until NEXT Saturday' date=' according to the ad!

I'm all pissed off now. I just rented a stupid hoist for $40. If I'd known I could have gotten one PERMANENTLY for three times that, I'd have bought one. My timing sucks.[/quote']

Yeah,

I rented one to pull the L28 out 2 weeks ago. because they were $169 and they were out of stock. It was $25 a day. or $80 for the week for the rental. Since I am going to be fitting the LS1 I am sure I will need to use it at least a few times.

I figure I can sell it when I am done and get $75-$100 for it.

If anyone in the DC area will be needing a hoist in a few months, let me know.