HybridZ

AC controls in a 280zx

Guest HolyLlama

Guest HolyLlama

I cannot stand the ugly dash in the 280zx and I'm planning on swapping a 240sx dash into it like here . I can do wiring and cutting to make it fit, but the AC controls baffle me. Does anyone know or can point me to a place where I can find out how the AC controls work?

lemmy know if you get it to fit nicely, i'd kinda like to do the same ;)

as far as the a/c controls, its all vaccum (sp?) stuff, try howstuffworks.com and i think the rest would be trial and error =)

or even use the stock controls from the 280, and just do some fabbing to make it fit/look new.

latez

Guest HolyLlama

Nah, I hate the stock AC controls (I also hate Auto Temp Control) it's one of the major reasons I hate the 280zx's dash, along with the ugly radio space.

Guest 280ZX_Classic

I just got a new dash cap, but if the SX dash is a direct bolt up let me know man, because there are like five decent ones sitting in a junkyard as we speak, and I'll get one tomorrow if it's a perfect fit.

The doors for which place you want the air to blow, operate on vaccum from the engine. And if my memory recalls the hot/cold selection works off of a cable which closes off the coolant entering the heater box. You would think after having my dash out like 20 times I would have remebered stuff like this! :oops:

Guy