HybridZ

car wont start, no fuel

Guest xbangu

Guest xbangu

I did a L28et swap on my 240 Z. I replace the gas (used) tank froma running Z with all new hoses and now... there is no fuel coming out NOT EVEN A SINGLE DROP from the fuel pump... I hook up the fuel pump like in the hayne manual and I can hear the fuel pump, pumped for about 5-8 sec when the it on the "on" position.. then stop. can anyone help me out here!!! desparated to get my 240ZTurbo start...

xbangu

You do have gas in the tank......right? :wink: J/K! :D

Try "bleeding" the air out of the lines by holding the shreader valve open when the pump is running. Once the air is out then try starting it. The pump should run for those few seconds then shut off.

Guy

Guest 570Z

Do you have an electric fuel pump, or a mechanical one up front?

I had an L28 in my 240Z too, but i ripped it out. It had a mechanical pump, and i wouldn't see why it wouldn't work.

If it's an electric pump, I had to put in a safety switch (You can buy them out of Jegs or Summit) If you don't have one, that may fix the problem.

My Z had a problem along the same lines, where my fuel pump would turn on and kill my ignition system (That was not fun), but that safety switch should help, if its an electric pump.

Hope I helped...

• 1 month later...

I dont know how much of the donor car you are utilizing, but the newer Z's 1975 up have a Fuel Pump Relay and a Fuel Pump Controller Relay.

FYI: Once the key switch is turned to the run position - the fuel pump relay kicks the fuel pump on. If the engine doesnt start running within 6-8 seconds the Fuel Pump Controller Realy will cut the +12 Volts off going to the Fuel Pump Relay.

Just thought I would throw that out FWIW.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)