HybridZ

External wastegate and boost controller adjusting.

shauno

OK, so I've got everything setup except these two guys.

First off can someone explain their relation to each other.

Does the controller limit the pressure to the wastegate and then once it overcomes the spring pressure it opens the valve? I've started playing with the controller but it seems that when I turn it up, the wastegate stays open a bit, kinda like an exhaust leak, once off the boost. If I let it idle for a few minutes it will close again. Do I have to increase my spring pressure to get it to close?

Second, does the wastegate work by itself or does it need the controller?

My boost seems to come on quite slow and then it just flatlines once I'm up to 5k rpm.

Does anyone have any advice on syncronizing these two pieces?

Thanks.

the WG should stay close until it get close to the peak boost. You want it to hold close as long as possible without spiking the boost. If you have a weak spring in a WG like 4.5psi spring, it can get blown open under boost.

But what you are talking about sounds like a BOV.

No, it's not BOV. The MBC is linked to the external wastegate via a rubber hose. It sends the signal to open the valve, i think, or at least that's what I'm trying to figure out.

I want to knoe how to adjust the spring on the wastegate( it's a racegate) and adjust the knob on the MBC so they work correctly together.

Thanks for the reply.