HybridZ

Cool product from Moon

Tim240z

It would be nice if they offered paddle type steering wheel shifter switches instead. I'm not comfortable with looking away from the road while trying to determine the correct button to push, but I can type this post out without looking at the keyboard, so there may be hope.

Guest quadcamZ

I had been working on something like this.

I had it mounted to my car and was ready for the trial but the guy i got to do the circitry was a muppet and could not get it to stop shorting out.

I installed a windscreen wiper motor from a ford festiva below the original gear shifter hole and ran a tie rod through to the selector. most modern cars nhave inhibitor switches that send feedback of the motors location. and the shifting while in drive and torque converter lock up are controlled by solenoids so all i needed was a circit board in the form of a state machiene that controlled motor location and three solenoid the speed of the motor was slowed to eliminate overshoot buut as the solenoids control the shift speed this was not to be an issue. and all hardware came to $70 to give a really cool smooth tranny tunnel look people wonder WHAT THE!

if any one is good with electronics drop me a line i would love to ask some questions on how to build a simple controller.

Guest Hubbo

Great idea for have a electronic shift, but not the first time its came up...

It would be nice if we had a manual shifter rather than for an auto. Who uses autos these days?

Quad, if you need a hand I should be able to help. Any way, there are a lot of aftermarket electronics out there (just pop down to your local DickSmith, Tandy, Radio shack, whatever...).