HybridZ

ASE CERTIFIED!

philiow313

WOOT!

Some of you may know, i've been taking classes at my high school for preparation for the ASE exams.

We train in 4 areas, Brakes, Suspension and Alignment, Engine Performance, Electrical systems.

I took all 4 tests about 4 weeks ago, and got the results back yesterday.

I passed Brakes and Electrical systems, and barely missed the other 2 by 1 point on engine performance and 3 points on suspension and alignment!

So yea, I'm juiced. should mean a big raise at the dealership im a intern service tech at, and a lot more REAL work, no more services all day long!

I'm 18, by the way. My teacher didn't think I would pass because i screw around too much in class. Haha. wont he be surprised tuesday when i walk in with the results!

Guest ON3GO

you do.. 2 years of experience but it doesnt have to be under a ASE person.

i have my suspension and steering test under my belt and will be taking A/C, Brakes, Engine performance, all the electrical ones and so one. by the time im 25 i want to be a master tech but if not no big deal.

when im done with my school in jan 04 all ill need is 5 more months and ill be ase certified :D

Mike

and a lot more REAL work, no more services all day long!

I am a auto tech at a dodge dealership and you will soon realize that those services like tranny flushes, motor vacs(injection system cleanings), brakes, belts, and coolant flushes is where the real money is. Most of the time you can really smoke flat rate and plus they are easy to do. I just like you though, I would much rather be fixing real real problems than service work all day. Although the service work does pay pretty good on flat rate! Warrenty work just sucks a$$ as far as time allowed on flat rate but it will help to know what do to once those vehicles are out of warrenty.

I too will be taking my ASE's this summer and I hope to pass them all but I think Steering and Suspension will get me. :roll: I personally think ASE's are BS but it does give you more leverage as far as a pay increase is concerned. Those questions they ask on those test are not even close to real world situations. There is no TECH A and TECH B! LOL :lol:

Anyways glad to hear you passed some! I hear the recetifications are much easier and there are only 1/2 the amount of questions! :D

Guy

Guy, I know all that. Haha. We are a salary shop, and not flat rate though.

I have 2 years experience in a certified training program (the school thing) and I've been working for a year now at chrysler/jeep/kia.

When you guys take the tests, remember, answer the question, dont fix the car!