HybridZ

parts for 5 bolt conversion?

I just bought a 84 300zx turbo parts car (engine's going into my 87 pathfinder)

but I also wanted to use some of the parts to do a 5bolt conversion on my 76 280z. (it has completely stock suspension and brakes)

I understand that the 300zx front hubs will fit the 280 with some sort of seal modification? What do you do at that point with the brakes? do I have to use the 300 rotors with the 280 calipers? or do I need to use the 300 calipers? Could someone clear this up for me please?

Also, what about the rears? I know I'll have to re-drill the flanges and install new studs then use a spacer to bring the offset out, but I guess it's a mandatory rear disc swap at that point?

can/should I use the 300 rear discs?

what's better? a maxima bracket/280zx caliper (I can get these parts)

or is the 240sx caliper kit a better bet?

Im going to be doing the 5-lug thing soon as well. I am running a 280z. I will be using the 300zx front rotor with a spacer (1.4" from what I measured) I will be using the toyota 4runner 4 piston calipers.

On the rear, it looks like my only option is going to be the rear hubs, and brackets from modern motorsport. They use the 300zx rear rotor and a 240sx caliper. I think this is the easiest way to make the rear 5 lug. Plus they have a kit with all the hardware and ebrake cable stuff.

After much research, this is what is best for me right now. Hopefully others will chime in with thier thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

All 4x4 Toyotas 86-95 use vented rotors. The later V6 pickups and runners have the larger pistons instead of the staggered set up of the earlier ones. I prefer the staggered as I know I can keep the 7/8 MC. Has any one tried the big piston calipers with the 7/8"? 1.4" soeunds thick. I know Modern Motorsports sells them but it's hard to part with $150 for a simple spacer. I am going to redrill the drums to 5 lug, cheaper.