HybridZ

Hot LS-1

Get the engine number and ask the cops or DMV to run the numbers, or find out from the Chevy Dealership what the VIN number for the car is from that engine number and run a Carfax report. That would be my best guess. How much is he asking for it.

Tim

The dude only wanted 1500 for everything, motor, drivetrain, computer, harness and said he'd even throw in the seats. I passed because my buddy that knows a friend of the dude said that this is some kind of insurance scam. They get a car from a "customer" who buys a car or truck drives it for a couple of years then decides they cant afford or they are just plain tired of the car. So they give it to him he sells the parts, splits the money and chops up the car then declares it stolen. Now when i say chop, i mean CHOP! They cut up the car with a sawzall into little bits around 4 to 6 inches long and dump it in the landfill or whatever. It's a good scam, you're credit report doesnt get messed up and whatever money you get for parts goes to your pocket or the difference in what they owe. No wonder the dealer always tries to push that gap insurance, if you wreck or lose the car the gap insurance makes sure that the financier gets paid the interest on the loan. I'm just glad i passed on it because i dont want this to bite me on the butt later.