HybridZ

Looking for cheap lt1 build up advice (is now a LS1 or LT1)

Guest iskone

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN GET YOU INTO AUTO AUCTIONS.... YOUD BE AMAZED AT WHAT YOU CAN FIND. THE OTHER DAY AT A AUCTION I WAS WATCHING A 1997 VETTE THAT WAS IN A REAREND AND ROLLOVER ACCIDENT WENT FOR $700.

FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN GET YOU INTO AUTO AUCTIONS.... YOUD BE AMAZED AT WHAT YOU CAN FIND. THE OTHER DAY AT A AUCTION I WAS WATCHING A 1997 VETTE THAT WAS IN A REAREND AND ROLLOVER ACCIDENT WENT FOR $700.

Please turn off the caps. It appears that you are shouting when you use them. :wink:

That is a really good idea though.....if you can find someone that has an 'IN' with the insurance Co. auctions, man can you ever find good deals!!

Tim

Guest iskone

I use to buy and sell cars at auction and I've never seen that in my area.

If I go LS1, wich it's looking like I will.

I'll do the following bolt ons to make my juice.

$500 LS6 intake, I can probaly get the intake for $300-400 off ebay

$250 Cold air intake

$0.0 Ported stock MAF

$260 Underdrive pulley

$775 C2 cam from MT1 224/224, .581/.581, 112 LSA and valve train kit

$1,785 bolt ons

$5,000 00' LS1/T56 out of 00' TA

$6,785 total

Seems like a great way to go to me, 8K and I got and LS1/T56 with low miles that is in a 2600LB Z :twisted:

I found a great deal on a complete 1900 300ZX rear end too, only $150 :D

Wait I forgot headers and reprogramming so another $600-800 :oops:

Guest iskone

If you want to go to auctions you can buy a membership for $200 to the IAA or is it IIA or IIAA, you get the picture.

If I did do that than I would look for a LS1 for sure, imagine getting a LS1/T56 drive train for $1500-3,000 very nice indeed.

If you get a 2001 or newer LS1 it will already have a LS6 intake on it. Also the heads are a little better than the older ones and 400 + RWHP can be done with a cam, springs, retainers, pushrods, and headers.

Dale

Oh yea, and a good tune (400-500 bucks).

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

INSURANCEAUCTIONS ARE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BY THE WAY.... MY FRIEND BOUGHT A 2004 LANCER EVOLUTION AT A STATE FARM AUCTION FOR $12,000 AND ALL IT HAD WAS A DAMAGED REAR BUMPER AND EXHAUST.