HybridZ

Dyno'd the tired 305 today.

Guest 73TPIZ

Guest 73TPIZ

Guys,

the 305's startin' to bleed pressure by the rings real bad. It even pushed some oil out of the centerbolts on the valve covers on a road trip the other day. But she ran her best time of a 12.685 @ 107.9mph the day before that. And that's with factory converter (1200rpm launch) and street tires. But you know what they say, they run the best right before they blow!

Anyway, i wanted to dyno it before i build the 355. The 4.030 pistons came tues and the 350 roller block is in the back of the truck heading to the machine shop tomorrow. By the 1/4 mi times, the net horsepower calculators said 250-260 hp. The TPI's torque must be helping out, 'cause i'm running ~.3-.4 and 3mph faster than the online calculators said i should.

anyway

100_0069.JPG

225/229 hp and 285/299.8 torque

it runs way lean early then fat on the other end. dropped 3psi on fuel and picked up 14lb torque and 4hp on the 2nd run but its way too lean early and i feel it bog at the track so i run it fatter than the 2nd dyno pull shows. Thats with the stock computer so with the SDS on my kitchen counter i should be able to fix that. And i can up the timing more than it presently does.

Yea I know i'm choking it w/ the TPI and it'll only get worse w/ the 355 but me likey torque :D . So i'll stay TPI for now.

BTW the curves look weird early on 'cause it's an auto so he had to get to 3rd then roll into the throttle.

Guest 73TPIZ

Hey Dan,

265/50/15 no names (Mastercraft?) that came with the set of draglites i bought for the 8.8 3.27 solid rear. old version was 245/60/14 BFG's on the 3.70 nissan rear. Both hooked about the same. Traction is hit and miss according to track prep. One week 2.1's spinnin and next week 1.85 hooking. I can tell the 3.27 is a little boggier off the line than the 3.73 was when i'm hooking so i need a little more stall. but she's .2sec and 3mph faster with the taller gear (torque motors love a tall gear :D ).

1800 rpm @60mph and 12's in the quarter. yea baby :D:D

but i'll definitely need some DR's with the 355ci and more stall.

12.685 @ 107.9mph from a 229hp 305? Buddy, that's pretty stinkin' fast! I guess it just goes to show how pointless it is to sit down and insist that you MUST have 400 hp in your very first hybrid. I've fallen into that trap myself, and have pretty much convinced myself that my car won't ever be "fast enough" until I've got at least 300hp under the hood. I'm beginning to see what HP can do in a lightweight car...

Well done!