HybridZ

would this be a "no-no"?

Guest tejas74260

Guest tejas74260

alright i need some opinions here. im really conscious about exhaust sound so i want to use an ANSA performance muffler and a resonated tip. the only problem is, the catalog i was looking at listed the muffler as only having a 2.25" inlet/outlet tubing diameter, and the tip has a 2" inlet. Now, i will be running a high compression NA L6 stroker motor with a mild cam and dual SU's trying to get 200hp at the wheels, if i were to use 2.5" tubing and then have a reducer down to 2.25" into and out of the muffler, then run a 2.5" to 2" reducer to the tip (all available from summit), would it cause a lot of backpressure and hurt my high end (this is gonna be a street set up so minute losses arent that bad) i just dont want the motor to choke up at high RPM (6k redline) anybody have any opinions? thanks

Mark

Guest 305240

If I were in your shoes for your situation, I would get a muffler with a 2 1/2 inlet. Why choke it down? Personally, I'd go with sidepipes. :)

Guest tejas74260

yeah, maybe :D i just tend to take ideas and run with them and ignore anything else that might be a better alternative, but hey thats me. thanks guys

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

go with a 2.5" inlet/outlet muffler. I have a 3" inlet/outlet (with 4" tip)(APEXi N-1 turbo) but I'm planning for a turbo. I should have gone maybe with 2.5" piping since the turbo(s) is/are at least 6 years away (college has priority over input to my car). It's probably be louder and moere suitable to my situation.