HybridZ

2 questions, please help me out

Guest mescalinedreamz

Guest mescalinedreamz

and the dipstick, buddy ha a hi comp z motor with a big cam,idle raises when oil cap is removed greatly, his vac is only about 5hg and we cant figured where the eak is, he doesnt have an adj fpr yet and fuel press is 30psi at idle, also when you snap the throttle, the butterfly snaps back but the afm takes awhile to come back , it doesnt snap, intake is also poppin, and at real low idle, the pcv valve chatters. Engine runs crappy at idle unless you move the afm flap,alves are adjusted and he has all new vac lnes, cam is .475 270 280 n42 head on flat tops bored .3 over

we tried a dif mag pick up in his dizzy, i have hear this could caue intake pops, we took his crank pully off cause it was spun an there was gas on the ack of it, he sent his injectors to pallnet who said they flowed fine. cold start is removed, aar is removed and top pcv hose is connected to the 240sx tb.

I played with timing a bit, advancing, but were not sure where to time this engine

also since we installed a 280zx pully the mark lined up with the 10 mark at tdc

pcv valve rattles and works, no hoses are leakng, vac is 5 fuel pressure is 30 psi

distributor timing adjust bolt is directly in the center line at tdc, and we only moved it a little, just not sure where to time it.

any answers?

we installed a pick up out a dual pick up unit into a single pick up dizzy, we also installed a zx pully. We tried a dif ecu,and 3 water temp sensors. this is a 77 280z, n42 head and intake, bored .03 over, flat tops, hot cam 274 dur .475 lift, MSD 6al, 8.8mm wires, cleaned tested injectors, Pallent rail, 60mm tb, cold air and cone filter, 10.1-1 cr and headers

He doesnt have anadjustable fpr yet but it usually idles at 30psi, only with about 5hg's of vac. We have looked everywhere for vac leaks. what is the vac in these high cam motors?

Also when we snap the throttle back the afm takes about8 seconds to go down, it also brings the rev down with it. But like i said, the rpms stick after you rev it,but the throtle does close, Also the intake is poppin from time to time.

think the afm spring is too weak? and we should really tighten it? I tightened it about 10 teeth

10 teeth!?! good lord man! only takes a couple to make it run like shit or really smooth. Sounds like a problem i used to have... does it not like to rev above like 4k under load? and hicups sometimes?

my problem was my fuel pump relay getn' warm and not working, cutting fuel to the engine... that fixed all my problems. Also... was this cam recently installed? you might be too advanced cam wise. and if the mark read 10 at TDC from teh new pully try it around 25 with the vacumn line off (proper way to set timing) also is your mechanical advance workn' on the dizzy?

-Ed

Guest mescalinedreamz

im suspecting that he messed with the afm, it should have enough spring pressure to snap back. Its a delta cam, new, everthing is new and is not broken in.Whats with the 5hg of vacuum? i cant find a vac leak at all! advance is working.