HybridZ

240 turbo won't start (anger!!!!)

well, the headline said it... ever since i had to replace the battery it's been a nightmare. i drove it once, found out i didn't have the battery bracket as locked down as i thought :oops: and it slid off. to make matters worse, what felt like a good connection wasnt... seems my positive terminal wasn't tight enough either, never a good idea to rush through a battery installation in fading daylight while being swarmed by starving mosquitoes. so, the bad connection was turning my fuel pump on and off (wired through a toggle to the battery)... one second fine, next second stalling.

so i deal with the terminals (heck with it, 4 bucks, buy new ones.) hop back in the car... crank crank nothing. :evil: now what? pull #6 plug... black as chris rock's buttcrack. :shock: off to the store again, brand-spankin-new set of ngks. 10 minutes, out with the old in with the new. hop back in again... you guessed it. nothing.

the fuel pump's pumping, i can hear it just like usual. i know it could be a million things... anybody have an idea where to start? i don't want to just go about replacing parts for no reason, i'm a restaurant manager not a boob doctor.(silicone boy? my wife's wondering if you do reductions...i digress.) anyway, there you have it. my little use of humor to hide the fact that i'm flaming pissed off! HELP!!!!!...bob

Off hand I don't know about the no start, but if you have a 72Z, the car is prewired for elec pump. They are in front of fuel tank on pass side. That way pump will work thru ign. switch. Unless you want to have it wired the way you have for a reason.

thank you mike for letting the hybridz nation know i'm a drooling idiot... :bonk: ...THAT WAS MY JOB!!!! :cuss:

yup... i'm feeling a little stupid right about now...but hey, the z's running again :rockon: thanks all for your responses. srgunz... the factory wiring went out on me, and as opposed to re-wiring to the ignition i went the short way.....bob