HybridZ

My cars got totaled, but z is ok

mobythevan

hail_hand.jpg

We got about baseball size hail on Sunday and it totaled my car and truck. The z car and a buddy's AWD talon are in the garage so they are ok. My roof is destroyed, cars totaled, windows in the house broken. It was an awesome display of power. Everybody is ok so on down the road we go. Not sure when I'll get back to working on the 240z.

Is Moby the van alright?

I sold the van a while back, but I didn't want to change all of my internet profiles. :oops:

It busted all kinds of stuff that was outside, patio furniture, toys, 5 gallon buckets, fence, and 1 jack rabbit, poor little guy didn't stand a chance. The hail was bouncing off the ground about 3 feet high.

:shock: So tell me, how drunk do you have to be to take a $20 bet go outside in hail like that :) This is why I live in california, the earth may crack open and swallow me, but imho it's easier to watch your feet, then to watch your head 8)

A couple of years ago a we had the same exact size hail falling in the DFW area and a guy ran out to move his car from open air parking to under some sort of carport. Well, he got hit with the same baseball size hail on the head and died. :shock: When it's your time, it's your time.

When I lived in Round Rock, Texas we had a bad hail storm. My wife and I were out back under the covered porch when we heard a loud bang on the roof, then saw a hail stone between the size of a baseball and softball land 3 feet ftom the edge of the patio.

We got it and kept it in the freezer until we moved to Atlanta, showing everyone that it CAN get that big.