HybridZ

Strut Tower location

My Z (78 280 installing a 95 LTI/T56 )

has some dreaded battle damage from the past, I've taken some

measurements and found that my drivers side front tower is 1/4 inch lower

than the passenger side, yet the distance between center of the strut hole of the towers are 36" and the center of the hole to the center of the car are 17.5" , this matches the diminsions on the body sheet from the shop manuel , I plan on useing coilovers so it will be easy to adjust the height

But how much effect will this 1/4 have on the suspensions geometry ?

should i even worry about it?

After 30 years or so these cars just aren't square any more. If you have adjustable suspension on the car I would bet you will be fine. Did the car drive OK before? Had you had the car aligned before, was it OK?

This is my first Z , the struts are shot the springs arnt much better and it had diiferent sized tires when I bought it so I really dont know if it handled ok or not , after 5 min the fumes would make you cry so I didnt drive it much before I striped it to the shell.

As you said its a 30 year old car, and it has been in a collision.

I think I'll try an Persuade it a bit while I'm replaceing the front frame rails. I'm sorta suprised its as close to spec as it is.