HybridZ

Heater hose flow SBC?

I have an 88 Chevy 350 and yes it is actually in the car :-D .

Used the JTR set up and am now working on the cooling. The JTR Camaro radiator doesn't have a nipple for the heater return line so they recommend using a T in the bottom radiator hose. I remember that the older Chevy's use to have a heater hose out of the water pump and then one out of the intake. The long water pump out of the 88 Burb had the top pipe thread plugged since the heater hoses attached to the radiator and the intake. Can I just take out the plug and insert a nipple for one of the radiator hoses? If so which out let should go into the heater core and which will act as the return? I don't want to have both hoses fighting each other with the flow at the heater core or it will never heat up.

Thanks in advance!

You can just take out the plug and put a nipple in the water pump no problem, that's the way mine is set up. As far as I know, it doesn't make any difference which way the water flows thru the heater core.

John