HybridZ

HELP-EBAY BLITZ TURBO TIMER/BOOST BOUGHT BUT NO HARNESS!

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Hi, I "won" a supposedly US spec Blitz turbo timer/boost gauge, but I've no idea where to get a harness for a 5 speed 83 280ZXT. The seller claims to have nothing for my car, I haven't found a web source, and I'm damned if I'm going to have some stupid mechanic wire it by hand and screw my starter/flywheel (been through this before with twitJapanAndy's non US used/crapped up Blitz with no harness, poor Japlish instructions, etc!!

Anyone got a PURPOSE designated harness for my poor old car?!!!?

Thanks

John

Guest jjohart

Hi

oi, I beg to differ..

a reasonably seasoned mechanic can still screw up a flywheel/starter following that line of sight blind reasoning of splicing a few wires...I know from firsthand experience, and I'm not about to shell out $200 plus in labour to pay $500 in replacement costs and labor when I have to pull the damn thing out just to get my car to start!!!

John-spoken from admittedly bitten/biased prior experience..maybe I should just skip the turbo timer, eh....is there any dial that fits in place of the 7-9psi stock Nissan boost gauge?!

Thanks

John

I thought only hks had a turbo timer harness for a zx? I just spliced an hks unit in using the color codes from their website, very standard and it worked just fine. I would look up their website and match color codes up and just wire it up. I can understand from your past experience that you dont want to lose another starter and flywheel, and hopefully a harness is available for that application.