HybridZ

delayed throttle response if I get on it fast

Guest BrandenZ

Guest BrandenZ

If I lightly press the gas and slowly tip it in to WOT, everything is fine. However, if I go from no throttle to WOT there is a _huge_ hesitation where it sounds almost like there's a sucking noise at the carbs, then dead silence for about a second, then (finally) acceleration. This is a 240Z with dual weber carbs and a rebuilt (E88) head. Distributor does _not_ have points, I've played with the timing (+-2 deg) to no avail, and it looks as though both carbs are engaging at the same time.

I experience the same hesitation under very light tip-in when the car is cold. I have also noticed that holding a dollar bill to the rear exhaust results in some "suck back". Additionally, I can hear slight ticking when the car is revved... yet I just recently did a valve adjustment and everything was dead-on. :?:

Ideas anyone? Thanks!

Any black smoke? i used to have this on my moped 8) LOL

Yeah when we get 16 in europe we get to toy '50' cc's mine was a 90 with HC head and insted of teh allowed 9 mm a 26 mmm carb :)

Anyway back on topic

When i gave it to much fuel to little air, or you could have a false airleak somewhere in the system ( manifold gasket vacuum etc )