HybridZ

Turbo injectors and N/A injectors, same thing?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Just what the topic says. I have my old set of N/A injectors from when I was running my '80 280ZX still laying around somewhere, was wondering if the injectors are the same CC's/flow rate as the turbo injectors... they look identical to me (not that I"m looking too close). If they are, was thinking of sending them out for cleaning and installing them... they were in great shape when I last ran them, but have been sitting for a while. They are factory nissan injectors, as opposed to the aftermarket ones (Pythons I think?) that the mechanic installed with the turbo swap.

I'm now 99% sure that one or more clogged or bad running injectors are the cause of all my popping/misfiring from the exhaust. I had suspected my old, beat up MSD blaster 2 coil but found that I had a spare stock coil in my storage that looked brand new, installed that and the car runs exactly the same. Considering all the other components of the ignition are new (well, minus that little black box on the side of the coil bracket) I figure that means it's pretty much gotta be the injectors.

Well... if worse comes to worse and I can't reuse my N/A injectors, I should have a new daily driver/beater car by the end of the day ('90 240sx) so if I gotta park the Z for a week or even two while I send out the injectors then maybe I'll still do that.

THey are not the same for sure.. I ran into that when I was doing the turbo swap. I had a set of injectors the PO gave me that were cleaned and bench flowed. they were flowing 180cc. I later found that the turbo injectors are actually 270 or soCC's. if you run the n/a injectors I am sure you will not be happy. :?