HybridZ

Need turbo replacement advice

Well Im pretty low on funds and I need to replace the turbo on my pretty much stock setup. I would like to upgrade but i need something in about this price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7908943387&category=33742

Does anyone think that would be a viable upgrade over the stock turbo. My other option is to just rebuild the stock turbo.

Any other really low cost options out there?

If the specs are as they say I think it's a good deal if you aren't looking for 450+hp. I really doubt they are BB though, not for that price. No one will pull it apart and check so they list it as that just to sell.

This is the type of wastegate you need unless you want to go external.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7909176544&rd=1

That auction is just for the flange. Do I need the other piece that is in the picture and is there a viable option for a cheap wastegate actuator? Trying to see if I can get one of those turbos for around 250 because he has alot of them for sale. If I did that I could have the whole setup for 400 or less. Would like to hear some more input as Im not very knowledgable on this subject.

If it is in fact a TO4E 57. They flow 49 lbs, should be enough for around 450-475 at the crank depending on psi. It's only a stage III, same a/r as stock, spool shouldn't be much slower. I would run the stage V if they had it. For me as long as I have 15 psi by 3.5K I'm happy. I don't mind a little lag, it's part of having a turbo capable of making more power.

Topless. You need the wastegate flapper and the 3 bolt flange.

• 1 month later...
Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I try not to knock anyones products but that turbo doesn't look like a garret unit, and the wastegate side looks real strange. The T3 foot print counts but if you cant bolt a wastegate door to it your screwed. I have delt with generic turbos from south america that you had to make all the flanges too. Sucks after you already have the part in hand. I do compressor upgrades on rebuild turbos for $400.00 using your core exhaust housing if you need something that will bolt on quick and keep you plenty busy. I have a few guys on this board that are running my econo upgrades with good success.