HybridZ

Straight line performance difference of an LSD

Guest the_dj

Guest the_dj

For those of you who have used an R200 on a high horsepower car (over 400) and switched to the LSD from a 300zxt, how much did your straight line performance increase.

With the outrageous prices on used differentials, I want to make sure it will actually be worth it to me.

I know that it doesn't make as much difference on an IRS car as on a solid axle car.

I'm interested in 1/4 mile time improvements of the LSD swap.

Well, I wasn't quite 400rwhp, but getting close, and dropped my 60' from a best of 2.10x to a best of 1.79x by just switching form the open rear to the LSD. It translated to ~ .45 improvement in 1/4 mile. 8)

Wow that is very impressive. To make note of the high price of used differentials I think that the new lsd units available from nismo and reider racing for around 600 dollars is a very good deal compared to a 600 dollar used unit or a 1600 quaife unit. I wonder if welding the gears on a non lsd unit would have the same effect on straight line performance (yes I know about how crappy they are for street driving)