HybridZ

AAHHHHHHH!!!! HELP!! Reverse lights no worky..

Ok, so a guy is coming to look at the car tomorrow, to make sure I fixed the things he told me to. Evrything's dona except; The friggin reverse lights!!!! They worked fine two days ago, but yesterday when I took it for the safety they stopped working, and are completly DEAD. The switch at the tranny apears to be working (continuity tested while trans was in reverse) and the bulbs are good. I got 12V at the wires in the trans tunnel, but nothing at the bulb sockets.. I am really freaking out here... I dont understand why they won't turn on.. ALL the other lights work in the car, and I can't see a fuse for just the rev. lights... It's like a wire just decided to not work anymore..... AHHHHGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uh.... Help please..

Guest 305240

If you are pressed for time, cheat and do a quickie. Run a wire from the reverse switch to the back up lights. Hide it somewhere. Also, I'd put in an inline fuse somewhere.

I guess I'll have to do that... Man I'm tired of all these little problems croping up and taking up extra time and funds. If I ever get this thing on the road, Im gona drive it like I stole it!! :evil: Might as well get some enjoyment out of it right?!? :?

• 3 weeks later...

I had tail light problems with my 1970 and finally, after studying the wiring diagrams, checking voltages, etc., replaced the turnsignal assembly, as all the wiring for the lights interface with the turnsignal assy., and all was well again. Can't expect 30+ year old electrical parts to last for ever. The OEM item is still available and under $100.00

Just a suggestion!

Guest 2slo4u

Just replace the reverse sensor on the transmission. Mine did that and I couldn't find the sensor anywhere. I had the 83turbo with borg warner t-5 transmission. No one could match it. I did find one exactly like it in the Napa echlin catalog. It was for a ford, but exact same size and function. The only difference was the wire connection. I had to solder the wires to the switch. It worked perfectly after that. By the way, I got the switch at the ford dealer for about $30 if I remember correctly.

81zxturbo

95slobaru impreza