HybridZ

P90 ss valve supplier

Mayolives

I have checked with Nissan Motorsports and Arizona Z Car. Their ss valves are for earlier heads and will not work with my 1982 P90 head with out some mods. The head will be used on a torbo set up and will maintain stock height. I know the custom valve peaple could make the valves but they will cost a small fortune. Does anyone make a ss valve that will fit other than the custom folks?.....mayolives

Mayolives - I just ordered a set identical to Speeder's from Ferrea. You may be able to get them on the same run as mine, cutting the order time down a bit. I ordered P/N F1839P for the intake(stock size) and P/N F1842P for the exhaust (1mm oversize). I was looking for a quality SS valve for quite a while till Speeder turned me on to Ferrea. The only other ones for the P90 are made by SI and Dave Rebello recommends not using them as the stock valves are a higher quality. If you are not shooting for 400HP or over, it is the consensis that the stock valves will be fine. Manley used to make P-90 valves, but is not interested in making just one set. They would like you to order 100 or so of each design, in order for them to tool up.

Hope that this helps you out.

Doug

Guys,

Doug's setup (standard size intakes and 1mm oversize exhausts) is what I'm using.

After studying other high horspower L motor setups, I've learned that there is no further benefit from larger valves unless major porting and unshrouding is done.

I've also heard that you should stay away from SI P90 Z valves.