HybridZ

There's a Z in Driv3r!

zguy95135

I rented it yesterday and found a 240Z roaming the streets. Pretty cool, although it has a V6 instead of an inliner

driv3r-20040520041502349.jpg

I like the Ferrari type gills in the side :)

here's some more pics

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/517/517598/driv3r-20040520050755345.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/517/517598/driv3r-20040520050748142.jpg

Guest bastaad525

Interesting.... too bad the game sux... :D

My friend just loaned me project gotham racing 2 for xbox, and while I wasn't crazy about the game, I give it a ton of props for it's car selection. While not as big a selection as, say, gran turismo (any of them), it has all the GOOD cars... I mean... just about any car I personally would ever fantasize about owning, from classic mustangs and camaro's to the ferrari enzo (and yeah, there's a 240z in there too) is in this game. I honestly couldn't think of one fast car that I would like to drive that was not in this game... oh wait except I think the SRT 4 wasn't in there... too new of a car I think? But the list was impressive either way... ferrari porsche lamborghini honda nissan toyota chevy ford dodge etc. etc. and most of the 'spin off' companies as well, wide assortment of new and classic cars.

Guest smoov280zx

on the driv3r note, dont believe any of the reviews, the game is fun as hell just to ride and crash up cars. The damage model is great, bumpers hanging off and everything. And you can put it into slowmo when you get a really good cartwheel going :) The missions suck, but i didnt but the game for the story, i bought it wreak havoc. Same with GTA.

About the v6, its funny, all of the cars have the same engine texture :), even the micro cars.

Dont knock the game unless you try it though, you might be surprised :D

Guest smoov280zx

yep. The biggest explosion ive made was 9 cars i think. I just parked them with the engines as close together as possible and launched a grenade so it would blow up directly under them. Great replays. Good times, good times... :D

Guest bastaad525

I did try it, and was not impressed at all. Sorry but I was playing the missions... I mean that is the point right? I only rented it so I was trying to get thru enough of the game to see if it was worth buying. I would NOT buy it just for the 'run around and go crazy' aspect.... that was fun yeah but it gets old real fast, and sooner or later you're going to want to play the actual game (missions) and then you find out that the game sux.

This is why the first grand theft auto sucked to me and I sold it after four days... yeah those first few days were very fun just causing all kinds of havoc... but it got repetive and old quick.. then it's like... well lets try some of the missions... oh man... these suck. Vice City had much better missions, and I actually played thru the whole game.

I still think the original Driver is the best one.

Guest smoov280zx

I didnt play the original that much, but I remember it was cool. We're on opposite sides i guess, even in grand theft auto 3 and VC, the only reason i played the missions was to unlock the rest of the city. I buy those games because running from cops never gets old to me :D , and driv3r has way more fun vehicle physics than vice city does. I look at those games as more of a city simulator where i can do things i cant do in real life, like making my car backflip over the elevated train with me in it, and then getting out and blowing it up. I agree that the missions pretty much suck ass, about the same with the on foot controls, but the game is called driver, and i think they got that part right. Any hoo, it doesnt matter, when GT4 comes out with the full 14 mile Nurburgring track, I'll never touch those other games again anyway. :D

Maybe we can settle this debate online there with a couple of z's :D

Mitch