HybridZ

Which ecu is for 84 to 86 300zx turbo?

Guest 2slo4u

Guest 2slo4u

Hey everyone. I have all the parts for a 280zxt to 300zxt ecu swap but I wanto make sure I have the right ecu and mass airflow sensor. The ecu has a few burned parts but I am going to replace them if I can be sure it's the right computer. :?

The ecu number is: A18-635 654K and it's nissan remanufactured(no big number)

The mass airflow sensor is: A36-000 J13

I have a couple of non turbo 300zx ecu's I'll use to repair the turbo one if it is the correct ecu.

Also, does it matter if the ecu is for auto or standard tranny? I don't know which this computer came from and my car is 81turbo with auto.

Thanks everyone.

81zxturbo rustybutrunning bye bye flapper 8)

Hey everyone. I have all the parts for a 280zxt to 300zxt ecu swap but I wanto make sure I have the right ecu and mass airflow sensor. The ecu has a few burned parts but I am going to replace them if I can be sure it's the right computer. :?

The ecu number is: A18-635 654K and it's nissan remanufactured(no big number)

The mass airflow sensor is: A36-000 J13

I have a couple of non turbo 300zx ecu's I'll use to repair the turbo one if it is the correct ecu.

Also' date=' does it matter if the ecu is for auto or standard tranny? I don't know which this computer came from and my car is 81turbo with auto.

Thanks everyone.

81zxturbo rustybutrunning bye bye flapper 8)[/quote']

If you ever want to chip your z31 ecu I would suggest you scrap that particular ecu and move to a late 87-89 turbo ecu. A list is available on the JWT site with the correct #'s. Your cas isn't going to work with any z31 ecu. You'll have to swap it for the 82-83 distributor setup and change the wheel inside the distributor to a z31 wheel. All the maf's are the same. Auto or Manual doesn't matter. If you're going to have the ecu reprogrammed you can use the nonturbo ecu's as well as an 88 Maxima ecu. They're the same thing.

Bernard

Guest 2slo4u

I'm not going to "chip" the ecu. It actually has burned parts (fried, no good, smoked) inside. I am just going to repair it with some parts from another ecu. Actually I've already repaired it since posting my last question. Just won't know if it works correctly until trying the swap. And yes, I already have the distributor and sensor wheel. Just waiting to find out if the ecu I have is actually for an 85 turbo like the guy at the salvage yard told me. It does have the error code for detonation sensor printed on it but I want to be sure. He did give me the distributor shaft and another ecu to get parts from for free though. :)

Thanks, gotta go to the ole JOB. Layta.