HybridZ

Need more power from current set-up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took my 280zx Turbo dragracing. I have not been getting the best times. Here is a review if my set-up.... stock 82zxT motor/turbo, N42 intake,no intercooler, Greddy BOV,SDS EFI (fuel control only), HI-6S with timing retard. 3500 rpm stall, James 240zTT shift mod, 235 45 17 Advan tires (slicked factory EVO8 tires (soft compound)), Tockio 5way on rear, 240sx TB, 460cc injectors, Greddy boost controller (set to stock), Elderbrock RPM muffler inplace of cat end with turndown before rear tires.

Here is my settings....93+ octane added 1gallon of C14 race gas to 1/4 tank . I found a post that 240ztt posted about turbo timing map and have set my car to run base timing of 21* with 17* advance by 2500 and retard the timing to 27*@7psi.

Here are my real concerns.. I'm best 60' is only 2.054 and my best trap speed is only 95mph@14.5'ish. Now when my friend had this very same motor/turbo/SDS/BOV/HI-6S/Tokico was in my friends 280zx 5 speed. He was getting 2.0 60' with higher MPH per same ET. Also at this same track I've seen a 280zxT run 14.1 with only 3in exhaust. Stock EFI, NO intercooler, Stock motor,injectors,turbo,stock automatic, 7psi, cheap tires.

I'm think I should atleast get a 13.9 without raising the boost.

Thanks

Jason

PS What is the best time/MPH you have seen a stock 280zx turbo run?

why after all those upgrades are you running stock boost!!!!!!! turn it up baby. Get a porsche intercooler such as http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7911396677&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW and you could run 15 psi then you should be in the high twelves easily. Unless you have no clue how to shift but I dont think thats a problem. By the way those porsche intercoolers are good to about 400hp. They flow really nice and do a great job. I just bought one for 120.00 :)

Guest znow white

i also agree its time to intercool the bitch up the boost and fuel i would also look into a custom downpipe and exhasust. Im sure with those 2 you will be in low 13's for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I don't want to harp on the turn up the boost deal, but a factory L28T has 7:4.1 compression on a 25lb injector that boost 6.5psi. You got a state of the art EFI system and some ignition upgrade I am sure you can pull off more timing, or do the smart thing and run all race gas. I boost my car to 18 with a standalone and no I/C motor is still together so far so good.