HybridZ

300ZX NA rear diff questions

Guest lazd

I've got a 300ZX Z32 rear differential, can it be used in a 240Z?

How hard is swapping the diff?

Are there any parts I need that I can't get off a 300ZX Z32?

Why do people talk about 300ZXTT rear diffs so much? TTZ owners upgrade to NA rear diffs because of the gearing advantage.

Anything else I would be suprised about?

Thanks a lot,

Larry

Hey Dale

I think you missed the Z32 in his Question.

Lazd if you are asking about 4.08 R200v shortnose it is the same amount of work as R230, 2 sets of axles (4 in total) for inner CVs, Custom axle shafts, longer driveshaft, Z32 driveshaft for uni flange, outer flange adapters, custom front and rear mounts. Use the sites search function under R230 for further info on swap.

You might consider fitting LS centre into a longnose R200. Neil

it's the diff from a 1990 Nissan 300ZX Non-turbo, i think it's the 4.08:1 RV200 then.

The car already has a R200 rear diff, so what would I need to buy to swap in my RV200? Is there really that much of an advantage? What would the parts cost? I have a full 300ZX Z32 to take parts off.

Lazd

Taking out the initial cost of the diff about $700-800 as I understand it.

R200 is a range of diffs with the same size ringear but different housings and mounting. What you are asking about is what is refered to as a shortnose because it is shorter with a bushed 2 bolt front mount as opposed to the longnose fitted to Z31 and earlier Zs which has a longer 4 bolt front mount.

Spend the time researching in the sites search function to broaden your knowledge on these issues, it is stacked full of info on anything to do with modifying Zs. Neil

• 4 months later...