HybridZ

For all you futbol fans out there

Guest goldraven

Guest goldraven

On wednesday night i went to an exhibition soccer game in denver with Chivas (a mexican soccer club, and arguably the best), against my absolute favorite soccer team in the world, Argentina's Boca Juniors (the best Argentine soccer club) the game was at mile high stadium. and it was fantastic. soccer fans are much more intence than football fans. my cheering section had 7 loud bongo-style drums that we were playing the entire game, i didnt sit down because we were dancing and singing the whole game. it was by far the best sporting event i've ever been too. way better than any bronco's game. I also got to speak with one of my favorite players, Batistuta and another one of my favorites, Palermo. Both are fantastic at their respective positions.

Anyways, i know USA isnt really a soccer country, but if you went to that game you may see the light. it is so much fun. The MLS is a joke compared to the way these guys play.

If you guys ever have a chance to go see an international club soccer team i highly recomend it. it is a total blast, even if you do not like soccer.

Nick

I look at soccer the way I used to look at hockey..... Having grown up in New Mexico, I never even saw hockey on TV until I moved to New York. Hated it, even after I saw a game or two. Then I won some tickets to an NY Islanders game, which I tried to give to my room mate so he could sell them or give them away. He freaked out, demanding how I got tickets to the Islander/Ranger game. :shock: Long story short, we ended up going, I had a blast, and I go to any hockey game I can find. On TV, I only watch Avalanche games, until the playoffs, when I watch as much as I can. Soccer is similar, in that it looks kinda boring on TV, if you dont appreciate the sport. Also, it adds to the experience if there are knowledgable, enthusiastic fans around you. I have frequently been annoyed at basketball or football games by loud, drunk, obnoxious fans. Not so much at soccer or hockey. (it is certainly possible tho..... = ) The fans are an important part of the experience.

BTW Goldraven.... wasnt that soccer game at Investco Field???? :evil: Damn naming committees......... lol

I miss Denver completely, Iowa just doesnt have anything to compare.

Guest goldraven

hehe, yeah, it is technically "invesco field at mile high" however most people just call it mile high still. the old name just sticks.

I'm 100% argentine baby! my family is from villa de parque and villa de Voto. in Buenos Aires. its good to see other argentines on hybridZ!

Hockey games are so much fun to go to as well, i've geen to 5 avalanche games and it is a total blast. This was my first Boca Juniors game that i've been to since it is really hard to get tickets to the games in argentina.

I sure hope that hockey does not have a lock out this year. the sport is so awesome. But i can see the player's complaints. also, i agree with peter forsberg in that the NHL is becomming so "goon" oriented that it prevents players from really showing off their puck handling skills. It will be a sad day when he leaves.

Nick