HybridZ

My 240Z, just out the paint shop.

Lostsol

Is the car at stock ride height? I think those wheels looks good if they were closer to the fenders. The mirrors have to go bro. Paint looks good I couldnt see the blotchiness. I like silver cars. Mine wants to be silver but all it is is grey primer lol. Sweet car man

Heh, same rims as on my car. :P Get a little more tire under there and it will fill out the wheel well nicely. I also found that datsun 6-spoke center caps (chrome) really helped out the look of my car with those wheels as opposed to leaving them black as well.

Great looking colour!

Those rims go back further than the 90's.... those have the same look as the Einki's (sp?) that were must have in the early to mid 80's..... and as such, I have always associated them with the S30.... love the look. The mirrors were on a lot of cars, but usually because it was hard to find anything other than stock that looked right. The car looks like a hotty in progress..... keep going, dude!

Thanks for all the responses guys. Yeah those are Enkei 92s on 50 series tires. i am currently saving up to buy some suspension to get rid of the awful wheel gap. Any suggestions? Also, Does anybody know what I can do myself to get rid of blotchiness? Thanks

If you want to wetsand to get rid of the blotches you will have to wetsand through the clear and the blotchiness will be in the base color and not the clear finish then you will need to re clear the car or the paint will be unprotected.

Is that a two tone or is that just the lighting? It looks darker on the top surfaces.

To get rid of blotchyness the car will need to be repainted. The silvers are hard to get on even but unless you do you end up with blotchyness.

Guest 73TPIZ

Lostsol,

not to get away from the subject, but are your mirrors angled up because of the angle of the door and that's all they will bend down? If so here are some pics of how to modify it to fit level. Mine are the same type and i had to do mine. PM me if you want more pics or details.

BTW, the car and the wheels look great. take care.

If the blotchiness is in the way they laid down the metallic in the basecoat under the clearcoat, then unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it.

Mirrors are a subject of much personal choice. I ended up going with a set of MSA mirrors that mount to the window frame, primarily because they don't get knocked out of adjustment by every goofball passing by your parked car. Many people don't like the "squarish" look of the MSA units, but they are solid and always where I want them.

IMO mirrors on a street car are one thing that has to be functional. Nothing worse than having to roll down the passenger's window and adjust the side view every time you get in the car. Or worse yet trying to change lanes and only seeing your back seat. Good looks are secondary.

nice car man. Not to be nosey but how much did you pay to have it painted. I had my Z quoted the other day for $3000, is this a generous deal, or a rip off? Either way I'm gonna see if I can have done cheaper somewhere else. I'm looking for a $1500 quote. Some bodywork is neccesary, particularily on the left rear quarter and front right fender. I dunno if the color I want can effect the overall cost though. I want B17 (350Z blue).

I got the car painted for 1350, but it was not worth what I paid. I have heard that a real paint job should cost around 4 to 5k. This is just a daily driver to me, but I still got ripped off. Too late now I guess, looks nice at night though.

Guest 2slo4u

Very nice color. I like the wheels also. Looks like you need some center caps, though. I have a friend who is going to paint mine when I get the engine tight. He also kinda wants the car. I know a guy in Houston who has BBS wheels just like that (but white) on his 80zx. It is rusty but he says the engine runs good. He said he will sell me the wheels and tires if I did not want the entire car. (The 5speed tranny has a hole, no good) What should I offer for the wheels, he only wants $400 for the whole car. If I get the wheels, I will sell my 81 turbo snowflake wheels if any one is interested.

81zxturbo

95slobaru impreza