HybridZ

Finally got pics of my Z!!

datsunlover

Well, here goes.. My $200 paint job, year of work to rebuild this hulk, and $3000 hard earned bucks.. I'll put the link to my gallery first...

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=180

...because I'll try to get a few pics up here, but I dono if this will work..

modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=180&cat=0&pos=0

modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=180&cat=0&pos=2

modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=180&cat=0&pos=3

Hmm.. well that sucked..can anyone else see those pics? All I get is those stupid boxes with red X's.... crap.. why can't I do this?!? :lol:

Guess I should claify that one.. lol.. Well, I did all the metal/panel/fiberglass/bondo/sanding (oh god the sanding!) primer and prep work over the course of 2 months or so.. I figured out roughly $300 for all the materials I used.. but I wasted a lot (hey, Im learning! And I still have some sandpaper/glass/bondo left for whatever I do next..) And some of that is tools I bought to do the work.. tools are always tools so.. you know... cant really add that to the total..

Anyway, after that I towed the car down to a local paint shop, masked it off in the parking lot, and left it there over night. (I had made a deal with the guy a few days before) Came back the next morning, gave him $200 cash and towed the car home to put back together.. heh heh.. 14 months of tearing apart and fixing, TWO days to put it back together and finaly drive it! :lol:

It actually looks better in pictures... up close you can see some waves, sanding marks, and dust that got in the paint (the guy obviously didnt blow it off very good..) but hey, for $200? Heck.. I'll just repaint it again next summer if I want!

Dlover,

Depending on what type of paint you used you can color sand and buff out the dust in the paint if the painter put enough on it. Did you use basecoat clearcoat or acrylic enamel with hardner? My Z had some orange peel to it, but color sanding with 1500 grit and polishing took care of it. Check with some of your local detail shops, they may be able to do it for you.

Adios Amigos,

Yah, I was thinking aboutdoing that actually.. I'll have to ask the guy to be sure, but I bet its just cheap enamel. (like I said, meh.. only $200, what do ya want! :lol: ) There are already a few chips and little marks in it.. and Im sure I'll put a few more in before the summers up.. oh well. I bought it to drive it, so thats the way it goes. Maybe I'll redo the whole body next year (to fix a few oops's I made, and the ugly rocker panels..) and get a more expensive paint job done.. I'll have to see...