HybridZ

Hey Jeff Audio?

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Look's cool, However I think you may have a problem when you really try to fit all that in the back of a S30. There really is not that much space..

Oh and not to make you feel silly but Kick's are in the kick panel not on the doors.. Just to clear that up..

Keep workin on it, looks great..

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aguyandaredhead

I'm not sure what kind of response you are looking for but I would not install that many drivers in the rear behind my head in any car. There are too many things about it that would ruin the front stage. I wont go into much detail on the specifics of that. I think you have a pretty cool design though, just not the most functional. I still think once you start to put all that into a 2+2 you will find there is not enough room there either.

Jeff

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Yes, that is partly the problem. I would suggest you read up on acoustic principals and then it will make more sense, but the way our ears are shaped any full range sound with directional prop's will pull an otherwise good sounding front stage to the rear. Now that is not even touching base on what happens with the phase of each speaker when multiple ones are put within the same enclosed area..

Jeff

Well now I did learn about constructive and destructive interference. If you had the speakers direct the sound to where the passenger heads are I'd think you get some good consturctive interference and create a large destructive zone in the middle of the car. Plus with the push pull effect from the subs I'd think the bass would be well control especialll with the ports directing the air into the destructive zone. Am I right. Ok since you appear to know more about stereo physics, would would be a nice system that could do well in audio compitition, that is symmetrical.

I'll be honest I'm a big fan of the Fiberglass/ Carbon fiber creations for audio (as long as the carbon fiber is painted). Mix that with leather/vinyl and then were talking. Give me some ideas, pleeaaase :hail:

Here's what I what I want, A) a stereo with an amazing powerband B) good clarity C) a 60%-40% balance between bass and treble. the 60% being bass. I want good boom and I still want to be able to hear the music clearly. Thus restricting the usge of each. Treble only plays b-c (the highs)powerrange and Bass plays a-b powerrange (lows). Here's the plan have tweeters and mids that can put out enough power to accomodate the large output of bass. D) fine adjustment, I want the system to be bearable (legal on street) and the nbe able to be turned up to own in comp.

As for sound I know these Z's have an incredible ability to deaden sound on the outside (when your not in the car). Right now I have to turn it up really loud to hear it outside, but inside it is really loud, but lacks clarity big time and bass is wimpy. So I can see what you mean when you don' t need a lot of power to light up the inside sound stage, but to light up the outside in another story.

Is this possible to do, or are these requirements impossible to pair up?

Guest 2slo4u

Just mount 1" silk dome tweeters on the top vents on each corner of the dash. Build some small enclosures for the doors for some good 4" midrange drivers (point them straight back). Put two good 6.5" midbass drivers in the rear stock locations, mounted directly to the metal.(take out the 4" plastic adapters if yours has them). And build an enclosure with the correct volume for the subs. Now use american made power amplifiers (preferably old precision power) for the mids and highs and use at least 500watts rms for the two subs and you will have a crystal clear, super loud system with great soundstage. Also make sure the subs are pointing back. The shape of the car has a compression horn "effect" and will create good spl like this.

I had: two lanzar silk dome 1" voice coil tweeters in the front,

- two cerwin vega 4" in the doors facing straight back with custom

sealed boxes

- two cerwin vega 6.5" in the rear panels left and right of the back

seat

- One PPI Pro mos 250 bridged mono running two single voice coil

Pioneer premier single voice coil 12"

- One PPI A600 running all four mids and the two tweeters

I'm not bragging, just letting you know what I installed and that it sounded excellent. It seemed everyone was impressed with this system including me. I never got tired of how it sounded either. I'm sure someone will chime in with their opinions of my inferior choice of equipment but I couldn't give a rat's @$$. :lol: If you have something negative to say about this equipment, don't bother. :roll:

Your picture is cool, but the more drivers you have, the more difficult it will be to have an accurate soundstage. Like the other guy said, the speakers behind you won't do much good, your ears are pointed more forward than back and focus primarily on sounds in front of you.

Good luck with your project.

Brian-CC Roadshop Installer/sales

81zxturbo

95slobaru

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Brian 2slow4u,

Small world, I use to manage a CC roadshop in California about 10 years ago.. Now i'm off to bigger and better things. Fun job though. Keep trying to hit that corp. budget..

Jeff

Guest 2slo4u

Aguyandaredhead,

I know what the budgets are for, just trying to keep the top dogs happy. Every time you exceed them, the bar gets raised. Same thing every month it seems. By the way, nice redhead!

81zxturbo

95slobaru

Guest Aguyandaredhead

What back when I ran the roadshop myself and all installers were given a bonus for meeting corporate. Granted mine was much more than the Installers. But it made it worth while in the long run. Yes it does seem to creep up on you as time goes on..

Jeff