HybridZ

interior question

datsun327

I *might* be wrong, but I think the interior color choices for the 240 Z were black, red, and tan. I'm not sure I've ever seen a 240 with a grey/blue interior...

Anyway, that doesn't really matter. I would suggest using all weather carpeting from a boating shop for the rear/floor mats. It's durable, relatively inexpensive, comes in many colors, and you can cut it to fit.

Just a suggestion...

THANKS (rpms) im goin to do your carpet idea.if you say its good an will save me some cash im all for it. any where here in dallas sale it that you can recommend? but why only do it to the rear deck,just b/c its not moded?

well thanks again

ill try to get some pics off the seats and the door panel color so you guys can see for yourselves

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trickz

Auto Custom Carpets in Aniston ,Alabama makes molded carpets for Z's there known as ACC in the hot rod world.Their kits come in many colors and you can get flat carpet too. I've used it in my Vela Rossa,Jim Cook kit and my 72/327/t5. trickZ

Guest trickz

Auto Custom Carpets in Aniston ,Alabama makes molded carpets for Z's there known as ACC in the hot rod world.Their kits come in many colors and you can get flat carpet too. I've used it in my Vela Rossa,Jim Cook kit and my 72/327/t5. trickZ

THANKS (rpms) im goin to do your carpet idea.if you say its good an will save me some cash im all for it. any where here in dallas sale it that you can recommend? but why only do it to the rear deck,just b/c its not molded?

For some reason I got the impression you wanted to keep the quilted vinyl on the rest of the interior. The only part that's really tough to carpet yourself is the shock towers. I'll eventually get a molded carpet set from Victoria British or Motorsport, but until then I've got tacky black vinyl hanging onto my shock towers. For the time being, the rest of the tacky interior vinyl in my car was replaced by equally tacky generic automotive carpet.

Sounds nice - can I trouble you for a picture? Please?

• 3 weeks later...

maybe that price is justified if you have a show queen, which not many of us on this sight do.

Otherwise,

I would suggest the boat carpet idea, it's what i have, and if it gets wet, guess what, it's not stained, ruined, moldy, or smelly. !!!! :D

plus i payed 10 bucks for enough carpet for my whole car!