HybridZ

Fuel Pump brand/part number ?

Hi

Can anyone suggest an external fuel pump/regulator for a 95 LT1 conversion in a 240z ?

I plan on putting a larger line in as the feed and using the 5/16 line as a return.

The search function turned up a Walbro pump, but their web site did not recognise the part number.

Thanks

Mike

I'm using the same pump as Tim - seems to work fine, moves plenty of fuel, etc. However, the thing *is* noisy. I made the mistake of mounting it to the underside of the "trunk area" immediately in front of the tank. The sheetmetal there resonates pretty good when it's running. I imagine this would be true for any pump at that location. I'd suggest you find a more stout area to mount it to, or consider isolating it using a rubber mount of some kind. I'm going to try to reduce its' speed using a couple of ballast resistors (I'm using it for a TBI setup, so I only need 10-15 psi).

Mike, I'm using the one from the Ford van. It was about $120 at Napa. Sorry I don't have a more specific app. I'd have to dig through my receipts. Had all that info on my windows machine before it died. It is quiet.

Here is a poor pic, sorry again. It may be so quiet because it is mounted in a rubber sleave with rubber covered straps on a bracket that I rubber mounted to the frame.

13DJ_R2_.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I went looking for fittings and tube today. The lines I have on the engine are plastic one is about 11/32 inside dia and the other 7/32 maybe. The problem is that they have been cut and end in a strange fitting on the engine that I don't think can be taken apart. (it's a camero LT1 by the way)

Any ideas on hooking everything up becides getting neon blue aftermarket fuel rail connections ?

I'm attemting to use standard parts and fittings from GM and auto parts stores, nothing too fancy so that the engine looks like it came with the car.

Mike

• 3 months later...