HybridZ

chevy cross fire injection system

jimszx

Guest MistressMotorsports

CHevy actually used it two years. In 82 on the last C3 Vette, and on the 84 C4 Vette. (There was no 83 model). I think early third gen F bodies had it as well, but I could be wrong on that. It was actually a pretty cool concept with two TBI units on a cross ram manifold. In theory it could provide the benefits of a much larger manifold while still clearing the hood of a space restricted Vette engine compartment. I had a buddy who got into the 12's with his when a stock Vette was in the 15s, not too bad. I think the biggest issue was not the TBI units, or even the restrictive intake, it was probably the ancillary hardware and computer capacity. I don't think it would be my first choice for an engine build today simply because there are so many reasonable priced port fuel systems around. Although, it would be unique, and could even be fast with some porting and a decent way to tune it.

Mike

Guest plainswolf

Another bad feature about the manifold itself is that it cannot be ported at all. It's almost as if it were cast that way deliberately. There is an aftermarket Crossfire manifold that is cast with slightly larger bores... Called the Xram I believe. you can get fairly decent power from them however it doesn't seem the most cost effective or parts available intake system ever put into production.

Bottom line is that it can be made to work very well, but it definitely does have it's limitations..