HybridZ

Valve Spring Question...

Guest butlersZ

Guest butlersZ

Alright. A friend has a pair of 327 heads, and a pair of 305 heads, the saddle bar type. I thought all chevy stock valve springs were the same for all the older engines. How do they differ?

butlersz,

If I might suggest, go to some cam manufactures website and they should have alot of the info you are asking about. They usually have tech hot-lines that will answer specific questions as well. One thing for sure, they will ask you what heads you are using. As mentioned previuosly, bowtie heads come in many different configurations. Basically, the more info you can provide them with, the easier it will be for them to help you out. Good luck!

Tom

Let say you have 2 350's.....one is from a truck and one is from a corvette. Now more than likely the corvette cam is going to have more lift and the springs will be stronger. The truck valve springs may only be able to take say .400" of lift where as the corvette valve springs may be able to take say .500".

The info is out there you just have to find it. I know one thing for sure though, all stock SBC vavle springs are not the same.

Guy