HybridZ

Booster or M/C leaking?

Hi Guys

I'am in the process of upgrading to 300zx frt/bk brakes. I have the 81zx m/c for the swap (not installed) but I notice there a leak between the m/c and booster on my 260. Is it the booster thats needs to be changed and if it is can I put an 81zx booster for the upgrade?

Regards, Ari

Thanks for the reply datsunlover. But I wanted to know if the leaking problem was due to a defective m/c or booster. Is there supposed to be a gasket of some sort between the m/c and booster?

Regards, Ari

If you have brake fluid at the junction of the M/C and the Booster then you have a bad M/C. That area should be dry.

Maybe , just maybe a vacuum leak from the booster at the interface could cause the M/C to leak there, but I doubt it.

Personally, I would check it anyway with the M/C pulled. Just dont pull on the shaft coming out of the booster or the reaction disk may drop off inside (hell to pay). Listen for vacuum leaks or spray brake cleaner into the front of the booster while the engine is running and listen for idle changes.

Dale