HybridZ

Sanderson Headers for the LS1 Swap - Fitment Questions

JTR should have the Sanderson LS1 Z headers in stock very shortly.

I photographed the headers that MAS280 has, and took them to Sanderson a few days ago. What makes MAS280's headers special is that they are 1-3/4". Also, MAS280 did not use the John's Cars mounts, so the header's he has may not work on other LS1 Z cars.

Custom one-off headers are very expensive, however, if Sanderson makes a pattern for the 1-3/4" LS1 Z headers, the price drops substantially. We should have the 1-3/4" LS1 headers in a few weeks. The estimate for the 1-3/4" plain (no coating) will be under $400. The 1-3/4" ceramic coated should be about $500.

Mike,

I'm using John's mounts. My engine should go in next weekend. If you need a car to test fit to see if they clear those mounts, let me know. I'm not too far from Livermore.

Tom

On header fitment questions with John's mounts. The answer is YES!!! kHASHABI1 brought his headers by my shop(same as mas280). For a test fit and yes they fit with John's mounts. The oil pressure sender adapter that comes John's vital liquids kit won't work. The header dumps right where the sending unit would be. Gotta get oil pressure where the oem sending unit is, using a 16 m.m. x 1.5 to 3/8 pipe thread.

JOEY