HybridZ

I have a problem.. cant stop thinking of projects!

datsunlover

Well, I got to having a good look at my 'new' (to me) zx 2+2 today.. oh boy.. :lol: I didnt realize, but this thing only has 160 000 KMS on it! And it was a one owner car.. rad fluid is new, oil filter looks new, new exhast maifold to mufler, ect.. the list goes on. The seats apear to be white LEATHER! nice shape too.. power toys, steering, The t-tops DONT leak! (We had a huge storm here last night, and this morning the car was totally dry inside!) And the body is ORIGINAL!! Had a recent re-spray of factory 'racing brown' (eeww...) but all the panels are decent.. doors, rockers are still there, hatch, ect.... So I got to thinking... I want the 5 speed and diff (3.9 ratio) for my S30.. the rad and dizzy would be good spares.. hmm... what to do with the rest of this shell that needs attention to the frame.. but is pretty clean and straight.. hmmm.. and slightly underpowered with that 2.8 emisioned to death motor..

...V8 swap? :D It hit me suddenly.. hey; this would be a nice cruiser.. could carry passengers, pop out the t-tops.. cruise in something thats still different looking, and with the addition of a few extra cylinders, it would at least be fairly quick, even with 3 ppl in it! I think I'll see about getting an ownership.. :lol: I just cant stop the madness...

*EDIT*

I forgot to add.. this will leave my present Z (75 280z) alone for now, meaning I'll have one to drive next year even if this V8 thing doesnt get done by then.. Also, this way I won't be in as much of a rush and can just do a good/clean job on the ZX. I'm thinkin of a quiet stock 305tpi/700r4 from a late 80's Craparo (they're evrywhere...cheep!) with A/C.. And leave my S30 as a somewhat original 'road racer' style Z.. slightly tuned L28 and 5 speed.. but more of a 'fly by the seat of your pants' kind of ride.. Just raw sports car.. whearas I could just calmly tour around in the 'softer' ZX 2+2.. and MAYBE :roll: let the girlfriend drive that one..

I just love it when one project spawns from another. I ended up buying my second Z to use all the parts on that I have leftover from my first Z project, which still isn't done..... Gives a little insight into how my warped mind functions, or rather fails to function. Most people generally buy parts cars to REMOVE parts from them :twak:

Mike

My wife has been waiting for to park the car in the garage for 3 years due to my project mess. Now I have a lift kit coming for our Jeep Cherokee and need to get the rear suspension bolted back in for the Velo Rossa to install the lift. And, I also am supposed to build a bed for my son. All of this is going to hit on the same weekend, (this one) and I have to work half-day Saturday. Needless to say, this will probably stretch out for a long time.

The good news is, the Velo Rossa should be drivable this weekend! The bad news is, it is far from "done!"