HybridZ

Green Bay, WI Car Show

BQR280Z

The Gandrud Chevrolet/Nissan car show was Saturday, August 7. I ended up being the only Datsun there, and their classes were a little GM biased. I entered in 1975-1984 Street Modified, and took Runner-up Best-of-Class. Not too bad considering some of the really nice cars that were there. I enjoyed watching people look at my car, you can always tell if they had a Z or if they have had a lasting memory in a Z, by the little smirk on their face when they see one. All in all, it was a good day.

Bill

thumb_front%20quarter.JPG

Yes, a nice trophy for runner-up and 1st, a plaque for third. That's the fourth show for me this year, trophies in 3 out of 4. It was a very nice show, Gandrud is a big enough dealer, they had a very nice registration pack. T-shirt, pocket knife, dash plaque, key-ring flashlight, and Gandrud coupons, decent door prizes. House of Ryan, had an all Mopar show going on next door, and there was a shared DJ.

80LT1 - there is a show in Waupaca on August 21. I plan on that one if the weather is OK. Gates open at 8:00AM, there is a morning cruise, burn-out contest, rap-off, glow-off, flame-thrower contest. It is sponsered by Beat-the-Heat, should be a good show.

Bill

80LT1 - Sorry, no "work in progress" class at Waupaca Show. It is only the 2nd annual, and they seem very open to suggestions for future shows. I will tell them about a WIP class, they also don't have a Vette class this year which really sucks. That puts me in either Sport Compact or 2-seater sports. But it should be a good day anyway, I went to high school in Waupaca (32 years ago - My God am I old) so maybe I'll see some old friends.

Bill