HybridZ

Ignition on a seperate switch..is it possible

Ok what I would like to do is have a switch mounted on the dash that I could throw which would allow for the fuel pump to come on and be heard, then fire the car, I. e. as in a Lemans car...does anyone know how I would go about that ...I also do not want to deactivate the normal method of starting the car.. but I want a keyless start to be possible...

CAROLINA Z

Thats sort of what I have done on my 280. I could have traced the factory wires and spliced in I supose.. but I just ran a wire straight from the battery + (with a fuse of course) through into the cabin. I put my little rocker style switch down in the console (by the shifter) but you could put yours anywhere.. From the other side of the switch, I ran a wire back and through the right rear quarter panel/floor area (theres a rubber gromet there for the factory fuel pump/marker light wiring) and down to the + on my fuewl pump. Wire the - on the pump to a suitable ground underneth the car (I drilled a hole in the frame and used a self taping screw) and voila. Throw the switch, and you can hear the pump go.

As for a 'keyless' start.. Just another switch/button with wires spliced into the factory starter wiring (off the key) should do that.. you'd still have to put the key in though and turn it to the 'on' position (to disable the wheel lock and turn on the acc's) but I don't see why it wouldnt work...