HybridZ

Honda Lug adapters...

Guest Cronic

Guest Cronic

I found lug adapters somewhere that would allow me to run normal 4 lug rims on my Z. That's great and all, but Im worried about when Im putting down over 400whp, if I have to be warry of that puting strain of the drivetrain, more so then a lug conversion, or using the proper offset to begin with.

I'll be running an SC61, with a 75 shot. Planning on making 450ish on pump, and over 550 on 110.

Any help would be apreciated.

Search the suspension forum, this has been discussed several times. Most experts here agree that the spacers become part of the wheel/hub assembly, and as long as the center of the tire is not placed drastically inboard or outboard of stock it is not adding any additional stress (other that the small amount of weight).

I'm making about what you plan on and am running 1.5" adapters on the rear, atleast I was until last week. I'm running a T58. You will only be able to run a 7" wheel. I have zero traction in 1st and 2nd gear, even with the boost turned downed to 16 psi for the hell like AZ summer. In the winterat 18-19 psi I have 3rd gear traction issues. It's fun at times but annoying when you want traction and it's not there. In a week I'll have 9"s on with 275's :D . So yes they can handle the strain but the tires will not, not until you get into atleast 3rd gear. If you are serrious about your power I wounldn't run the 7's.

Guest Cronic

The reason I wanted the adapters was for a 9" wheel in the back.... is this possible with the spacers? If not it's useless to me, and custom wheels will have to be made.

The reason I wanted the adapters was for a 9" wheel in the back.... is this possible with the spacers? If not it's useless to me, and custom wheels will have to be made.

You would have to run a 4 to 5 lug adapter and thinnest I could find was still too thick (2") to run even a 35 MM offset wheel. I redrilled my rear stubs and drums. With a 35mm offset 9" wheel a 1/2" spacer would be perfect to fit a 275 tire. You could run a Mustang wheel with a 26mm or so offset but the fronts are as wide as the rears in the 17"'s, atleast what I was finding. I only wanted/needed 8's in the front. I don't know if you can redrill the rears on a 280ZX but it is cheaper than getting custom wheels.